P2PVPN - Home
P2PVPN is a software which provides you with an Virtual Private Network, you can use to connect your computer with other computers over the Internet. I am currently developing P2PVPN for my thesis. P2PVPN has the following goals:
- Usable for end users
- Usable without a central server
- Written in Java
- Open source
0.8 released 17 December 2010
Just two little changes:
- Support for 64Bit Windows and Linux. (finally...)
- The configuration is now saved in a config file.
The Pirate Bay is dead 28 November 2009
Because the Test Network used the Pirate Bay Tracker it does not work any more. I created a new Test Network which uses OpenBitTorrent. Use the new invitation to join.
0.7 released 11 July 2009
- An invitation can have a date of expiry now
- Removed a bug in the authorization code. This makes 0.7 incompatible to older versions!
- Removed a bug which let the list of known IP's grow indefinitely.
0.6 released 04 May 2009
- Win-Tap V9 is now supported
- P2PVPN can be started multiple times in Windows now
- Better routing which decreases latency
- Added a peer graph
- Join a default network on first start
- Chat window can popup when a new message arrives
0.5 released 01 April 2009
- Added a tray icon
- Upload bandwidth can be limited
- Fixed a bug in BitTorrent code
- Added a fix for problems with UDP broadcasts in Windows. (Games now find each other over P2PVPN)
0.4 released 01 February 2009
- A BitTorrent tracker can be used, to find other peers
- P2PVPN now stores the IPs of other peers
- A simple chat
Note, that my test network changed. You will need to use the new invitation.